The Greek Mediterranean eating style is a kind of a lifelong recipe for longevity, good health and beauty. The main feature of the ancient Greek cuisine was its simplicity, at the center of which we find olive oil, wine and wheat.
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the most important ingredient of Greek cuisine.
It has been a matter of cross-temporal researches. And yet, the conclusions have always led to the same acceptance: that it is ideal for Type 2 diabetes, contributes to protection from cardiovascular diseases and many types of cancer, it facilitates digestion, protects skin from signs of aging and contributes to the increase in life expectancy.
Basic elements of the Greek Mediterranean diet:
- Liberal consumption of fruits, vegetables, legumes, potatoes and cereals.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the basic fat. (replacing all other fats such as butter and margarine)
- Daily consumption of small quantities of dairy products such as cheese and yogurt.
- Weekly consumption of poultry and fish
- Red meat only a few times per month.